Getting upclose with remote customers – Jenna Ford
Ever think that you are disadvantaged by the tyranny of distance? Getting up close to the professionals you want to work with can be a challenge if you are located in rural towns, remote working environments or you are an expat working overseas.
What if you could talk face to face with professionals without even leaving the comfort of your home or office. Chan & Naylor finance has the solutions! Our in house Finance Broking service now offers a Skype™ interview process for remote clients or time poor clients.
Inconvenient distances are shrinking rapidly as technology bridges the gaps and is increasingly available to most of us at the click of a button. Skype interviewing is one of the great new tools we now provide in our finance broking services where we cannot meet clients in a face to face interview. Its effective and readily available to most clients, is inexpensive and easy to use.
If you work remotely in mining and resources sectors, or are located rurally and visit the capital cities infrequently or if you are one of the expat community posted overseas then Skype interviewing can bring us into an initial virtual “face to face interview” with you and then keep us both in touch as we work through the stages of a finance strategy, loan application and settlement of loans and property purchases. Barriers are dropping and the tyranny of distance has faded!
The benefits of Skype interviews are many:
- Convenience and that personal touch are extremely important when working with a professional to put in place your wealth creation strategies. Nothing is quite like that face to face interview for building rapport with another person and for increasing their understanding of your particular needs. Putting a face to a name and a voice helps in building a good working relationship.
- It is virtual “face to face” communication. If you have an internet connection we can “Skype you”. The Skype internet communication system allows us to bypass expensive and often unreliable normal telephone services and to chat via the internet. If your computer has a camera attached then we can see each other as well as hear each other. You can set up an account by following this link to the Skype site http://www.skype.com or we can assist you to set up an account pre your interview with us.
- It’s simple to use. If you have no Skype account we can easily set you up your own Skype address and email you simple, easy to follow instructions on how it works.
- Cheap! It’s an inexpensive service and we foot the bill as we call you at a pre determined interview time.
- The process is convenient for you, the customer. As long as you have an internet connection we can Skype interview with you. Whether you are with your lap top travelling, situated on a mountain or an oil rig or simply located in the Middle East working, we can Skype interview you. We can reach you anywhere in Australia or internationally, providing there is an internet connection available.
- The process allows you to action things more quickly. Time efficiency. Finance and wealth creation opportunities can be planned and initiated in real time and not deferred until you are close to a Chan & Naylor branch.
Yes, but is it legal????
John Denovan from Gadens Lawyers has this to say recently regarding Skype interviewing: “Face to face contact to pursue enquiries with customers is not a legal imperative … Often banks will require face to face contact. This is not a legal requirement; it’s just a credit requirement of the banks”.
The finance industry position:
Alternatives to face to face interviewing of customers is generally acceptable by most lenders where geographical restrictions apply. Good news for remote customers! Chan & Naylor Finance does check routinely with the lenders that don’t expressly permit remote interviewing and the process is widely accepted in the industry these days. Some facets of the loan application process, for example, identification of you, the customer, may require certifying of documents and witnessing of signatures. We will provide clear instructions on these limited areas where your remoteness requires a different management as part of the loan application process.
The interview sound and visual is as good as the internet connection is in your area and with your equipment.
Remember that during Skype interview we will be using a camera, we can see you and your surrounds just as you can see us. Perhaps turn down the sound on your radio, switch off the mobile and change out of the pyjamas!
Look forward to meeting you “face to face”. Shoot us an email if you would like to know more at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you intend to rely on any of the information in this document to satisfy liabilities or obligations or claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a taxation law, you should request advice from a registered tax agent. This information does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation and needs. You should assess whether the information is appropriate for you and consider talking to a financial adviser before making an investment decision. The information contained in this document is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of publication, but no warranty of accuracy or reliability is given and no responsibility arising in any other way for errors or omissions (including responsibility to any person by reason of negligence) is accepted by Chan & Naylor, its officers, employees, directors or agents.