DPN’s region profile: Macarthur, NSW
In the last edition we talked about the importance of research to identify properties that have both strong capital growth and high rental yield. Today we’re shining the spotlight on the Macarthur region of South Western Sydney – an area that DPN’s Research Team believe has strong investment potential. Read on to find out why.
The Macarthur region isn’t the most well known area for investors. It doesn’t have the cosmopolitan flair of Newcastle, nor the coastal appeal of Wollongong. Or the razzle-dazzle of the Gold Coast. It’s not a city. Most people would have trouble defining exactly where its boundaries lie.
Macarthur covers a large area of Sydney’s south west. It has been described as where Sydney meets the countryside. Its main centres are Campbelltown and Camden, as well as the growing town of Picton.
The Macarthur region has been quietly growing and flourishing under the radar. In fact, it’s predicted to have 500,000 people by 2036 and expected to have a greater population than Wollongong or the Sunshine Coast.
Its skyrocketing population, thriving economy and idyllic lifestyle make it a prime target for investors. Our Why Invest in Macarthur report is jam-packed with information and data about the region.
Here are six reasons Macarthur is solid place to invest:
- It’s a self-contained metropolis with universities, hospitals, good transport and plenty more infrastructure planned.
- The Western Sydney airport development way more than just an airport. The plan now and includes two mini-cities, a north and a south city, each with entertainment hubs, high-tech industries, hotels, and sporting stadiums. The media have dubbed this a ‘game changer’ and rightly so.
- Over $45 million will be spent on upgrades to schools in the region.
- Two new train stations are now complete, extending the south west rail line.
- The master planned community of Gregory Hills is under construction and will house 300,000 in 30 years.
- Affordable housing (compared with the Sydney metropolitan area) is one factor leading the population explosion.
- $240 million recently invested in the redevelopment of the Macarthur Square shopping centre.
Read more in DPN’s comprehensive research report: Why Invest in Macarthur.
Contact DPN for investment opportunities in this region at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Chan & Naylor takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any research material contributors to our blogs. Contributions to our blogs are meant to be educational only. Chan & Naylor does not endorse any promotional material promoted in their articles. Readers should do their own research to determine the accuracy of their materials.